Training and support method in the ways of eco-design for VSEs and SMEs whose objective is to raise the skills levels of the company and its employees in eco-design to:
- Incorporate the environmental dimension in its corporate strategy and culture
- Implement its eco-design policy (technical, managerial and marketing priorities)
- Prepare its entry into the circular economy
The CIM-Eco® concept
To enable the company to take advantage of the incorporation of environmental issues in its strategy, its business and its products by transforming it into a veritable innovation lever !
4-phase programme schedule:
1 - TRAINING
- Identify the issues, opportunities, advantages and strategies of eco-design
- Introduction to the implementation and management of eco-design
- Discover the tools of eco-design
- Introduction to marketing eco-design
2 - CREATIVITY WORKSHOPS
- Work as a collective intelligence
- Redefine your strategy, incorporating the environmental dimension into it
- Learn how to create value around a new eco-designed product
3 - IMPLEMENTATION
- Eco-design your first product
- Structure your approach, your strategy and your communication
- Get support from experts in eco-design management, eco-marketing, new business models, material or sector issues…
4 - CAPITALISATION
- Join a network
- Swap ideas with other companies with similar experiences
- Make the most of feedback and good practices
>> Structured training and support in 4 phases over 15 to 18 months
>> Custom support that can be adapted to your needs, specifics and issues
>> A method tried and tested with forty other companies
>> An innovative way of putting environmental issues right at the heart of your strategy and taking a fresh look at the future !
According to ADEME, eco-design is a circular approach that examines the entire life cycle of a process, a product or a service to minimise its environmental impact.
This leads to a different way of designing a product in order to reduce material intensity and facilitate re-use, repair, recycling and remanufacturing. »
Thanks to CIM-Eco®, it is much more than a straightforward technical approach and is effectively a first step towards the circular economy. The company is revisited based on ideas of strategy, marketing and innovation.
To look further ahead… get your approach assessed by AFNOR!
The roll-out of the approach and the organisation of the company that you make with the CIM-Eco® programme can be approved by an AFAQ AFNOR eco-design evaluation developed by AFNOR.
It helps you to get an audit of your approach and ascertain areas where improvements can be made as well as being a guarantee of quality that will help you to gain recognition and promote your actions to as many people as possible !
The advantages* of eco-design
- Increase in the added value of products
- Margin development (+12% on average**)
- Increase in the company's profits (in 45% of cases**)
- Response to new client requirements
- Conformity with and anticipation of new regulations / environmental standards
- Incorporation of new markets
- Standing out from the competition
*Advantages observed in companies following the recommendations of the CIM-Eco® Flyer, « The SMEs of Alsace Lorraine have what it takes for eco-design. Feedback from the CIM-ECO® programme to develop eco-design in SMEs », 2013, by ADEME's regional directorates in Lorraine and Alsace.
**Study «The profitability of eco-design: an economic analysis», 2014 by ADEME with the eco-design cluster (Saint-Etienne) and the Product Development Institute (Quebec)..
Companies tell their story
The results of CIM-Eco® since 2009
The most significant programme in France with:
- 38 companies receiving support
- 17 eco-designed products
- 11 new jobs
- 2 new companies
Eco-design Project Leader
+33 (0)6 67 85 54 17